
Michael Brown and I met in Austin, Texas in 2001. I had moved to Austin for the summer after living in London with 3 college friends for a year. My parents were still in Kuwait so I resided with my mom's best friend.
Michael quickly became my friend and lover. Although the lover thing fizzled out pretty quickly. He was considerably older than i was and i thought he knew it all. He would cook me elegant dinners and we would have copious amounts of red wine and vodka. He was sure great on the grill and used purple potatoes to create the most delicious potato dish I had ever eaten. He really looked after me in Austin.
After my parents returned from the middle east, i took the delicate step of introducing my new "older" friend to them. I had nothing to worry about as my mom loves men who are trying to impress her and there was instant chemistry between them.
Slowly, michael and i grew apart but i will always be grateful for his friendship and for instilling in me a love of rich, robust cabernets.
No comments:
Post a Comment