Friday, July 23, 2010

Woodward Oge



I attended a richie rich prep school in new orleans and Woodward Oge (pronounced O-shay) was by far the hottest guy in my class. The school was one of those pre-k through 12th grade deals where all of the students were housed on one campus. Woodward came late to the school. I think he arrived in the 10th grade and i was instantly smitten. He certainly could sense that from me.

Like most high school straight boys, he treated me pretty poorly. I wasn't out in high school but i was hardly in either. Woodward was on the football team and i was on the swim team so that created a huge divide between our social circles. He would come up to me in the hallways and just scream in my face for no reason, call me names like fag or queer then run away. We never had any classes together as i was in the smart group and he was with the dumb-dumbs.

Woodward had a lot of potential both socially and in business. I always got this strange feeling from him that he could be very successful at whatever he set his mind to but that it wasn't cool to be smart at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment