Sunday, August 8, 2010

Adam Gagliardo



I've decided to make the next 3 deletees all part of the same story. It's efficient and hopefully will make the memories all the more special.

Adam was a last minute edition to a New Year's Eve weekend at my family's home in Maine in 2008. He was the plus-one of my friend Josh. Josh had called me at the 11th hour to ask if it was alright if Adam could come with us. I remember thinking, "What the fuck?" I was not keen on spending 4 nights in the middle of mid-coastal, nowhere Maine with someone I had never met.

On the drive up from Manhattan, Dana, Mike, Josh and my Scottish friend, Sam had to pull off the interstate somewhere in middle CT to meet Adam's silver Acura. It was certainly a welcomed site as we were already 5 large people in a small SUV.

When we arrived, it was pitch black. Cell service is spotty up there at best, so no one's phone worked. Totally Stephen King country. But Adam took it all in stride and really got into the groove quite quickly. He was the perfect edition to an already gayed-out weekend.

Our vacation was filled with amazing food and very high end alcohol. It was new year's eve in the woods after all. We had stopped at the tax-free NH state liquor store, conveniently located on both sides of the interstate, and stocked up.

My top two memories of Adam are that he made a mean risotto one night (I can still taste its creaminess) and that he's hairy. In fact, Adam sheds. Adam sheds like a golden retriever. He has an amazing body and works hard on it to attract top caliber muscle bear.

I don't see Adam very much anymore. That reminds me. I want to make risotto soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment