
Denise and I met while doing Lil Abner at Tulane Junior Lyric Theater in 1993. I was cast as the lead and Denise played the doctor. I had an amazing time that summer. I learned a lot about who i was and how to carry myself on stage. I also began to date Denise. We would go to the movies and I would take her home and we'd make out on her front porch. It was a great first experience into the world of dating girls.
Things got a little more complicated when i also started making out with someone else in the show. His name was Craft and he played Marryin' Sam. Ahhhh to be 15 again and royally confused.
Sometimes, Craft and I would go on double dates as he was also dating a girl in the show. We would drop off our women and rendezvous back at my house for some hot 15 year old lovin'. It was a huge secret and the masquerade quickly got to me.
One evening, i brought back a bunch of people from the show to spend the night at my house. I lived a good 30 mins outside of new orleans so when I would have a party, everyone usually stayed the night. During the party, Craft pulled me into the laundry room and shut the thin, latticed, accordion door to the kitchen. He pushed me against the washing machine and passionately kissed me. Both of our "girlfriends" were 5 feet away talking to the rest of the party. A few seconds passed and i pushed him off of me telling him we had to be more careful. I broke up with Denise soon after.
I haven't talked to Denise in years. I hope she is doing well and that she's happy. I'm sorry for the pain I may have caused her all those years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment